Do I get the actual licenses, the paperwork signed by the publishers?


Cover Song Licensing
No. Under Compulsory Law, no paperwork is received from the copyright holders. Instead, a license is automatically granted and the copyright holder is not required to send any return paperwork. You get a signed PDF document from us explaining our commitment to follow every step of the United States Compulsory Mechanical Licensing law on your behalf to the extent that you may legally distribute your recording of the listed copyrighted songs.

Custom Licensing
If your license request is accepted, yes, you will receive custom paperwork from the copyright holder. Both parties sign the paperwork to make the license official.