Do you license songs written by international composers, such as a song by a composer living in Japan?


Cover Song Licensing
We respect the laws of the land of the copyright holder. If a song is not represented by a United States copyright holder or agency appointed to administer the copyrights, we will not license it without written permission from the copyright holder. If you request an international song, we reach out to the copyright holder and try to reach a custom agreement. If that's not possible, we will not be able to obtain the license and we will process a refund in accordance with our refund policy.

Custom Licensing
Songs exclusively written by international composers can be cleared through our Custom Licensing services. With Custom Licensing, you can request a license from any country, for any use. However, the copyright holder can set any price, or reject the license outright. For this reason, Custom Licensing is not guaranteed.