master licensingx
Can I sample existing recordings with this license?
Cover Song Licensing
No. A Master License is required when licensing an existing recording that you did not make. For these, you will need to contact the copyright holder directly, typically the artist or their record label.

Custom Licensing
You can request a master license from the copyright holder, typically the artist or their record label. However, the copyright holder can set any price, or reject the license outright. For this reason, Custom Licensing is not guaranteed.
Do you license for Karaoke or performance tracks?
Cover Song Licensing
Yes, but this is not included in our standard cover song license. Check out our Backing Tracks and Custom Licensing services.

Custom Licensing and Backing Tracks
You can now easily obtain fully customizable cover recordings for any use through our new Get Backing Tracks service. If you want to use an original recording that someone else made, you need a master license, which can only be obtained through direct negotiations with the copyright holder. We can help you make your request with our Custom Licensing services. Check out the links at the top of the page (desktop) or in the menu (mobile) for more info on these services.
What do you do for me?
Cover Song Licensing
We help you legally release your new recording of a song that someone else wrote, quickly and easily in 1-2 business days. You can talk to a real person and we handle everything for you. We deliver Proof of Licensing to you via email, and each request is securely saved online so you can easily store and access all of your licensing for years to come.

Custom Licensing
When your project demands more than basic cover song licensing, Easy Song Licensing’s Custom Licensing services are the answer. Custom Assistance gets you everything you need to submit your requests to the copyright holders and clear the rights you need. Choose Custom Handling and we process the request for you. We can help you clear permission to use copyrighted music for any purpose. YouTube, film, print, web, tv, advertising, corporate, derivatives, grand rights and more. Clear sync licenses, grand rights, mechanical licenses, print rights, and master licenses.