Close New mobile-friendly website coming summer, 2017. Learn more.
Clear any cover song in 1-2 days
Clear a Song Services Pricing Help
Skip Navigation LinksHome > About > Music Licensing > For Print
Licensing for Print
If you make photocopies of songs or lyrics you did not write, or if you make a new sheet music arrangement of a song you did not write, you need to get a Print License. You do not need a license to copy songs that you wrote yourself or songs that you know are in the Public Domain.

If all you need is sheet music, you can simply purchase copies at,, your favorite music retailer, or from the publisher directly. However, if you need to reprint lyrics or music in your own creation or compilation (flyer, web page, CD or DVD insert, new sheet music arrangement), a Print License is necessary.

Print licenses are custom-negotiated upfront with the copyright holder and are a bit more complex. For custom licensing help, check out our Custom Licensing Assistance and Handling service or contact us.
You might need:

Print Rights
If you wish to reprint song lyrics or sheet music, or make a new sheet music arrangement.
Tell us. Are you frustrated, confused, need help, have a suggestion? We'll work to fix it. Press enter to send, escape to cancel.
2600 N 2nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Since 2005 Privacy      Terms      Contact Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram LinkedIn
//Google Analytics