We will be open on Martin Luther King Day.
Clear any cover song in 1-2 days    1-800-360-5192        Your Account
Clear a Song About Pricing
Contact Us
Skip Navigation LinksHome > About > What You Need > For Film  
Licensing for Film
If you produce a movie or film, make sure to get permission for any songs you did not write, recordings made by other people, and lyrics if you show them. Licenses should be secured before you show or distribute. Reputable manufacturers require Proof of Licensing before they replicate your film. You do not need to license songs that you wrote yourself or songs that you know are in the Public Domain.

Synchronization, Master, and Print licenses are custom-negotiated upfront with the copyright holder. We do not offer custom-negotiated licenses at this time. For these, you will need to contact the copyright holder directly.
You might need:

Synchronization License
If your film has a song that someone else wrote, even if you are the one playing the music.

Master License
If your film has an existing recording that someone else made, even if it's just a small sample.

Print Rights
If you plan to display song lyrics.

2600 N 2nd Street
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Since 2005 Privacy      Terms      Contact  
//Google Analytics